Friday, August 13, 2010

Whew! this heat!

I used to love the heat. Hot weather made me smile, when it was in the high 90s i was a happy person.
Not any more. Since my lungs have gotten so bad, breathing in the heat takes a lot of energy. Breathing is about all i can do. Moving around, doing anything at all makes it way to hard to get air.
It would help if i could sweat, but because of the meds i take i no longer sweat. Which means my body has no way to cool itself. Who would have thought a person would WISH for sweat?
I have a wet towel around my neck most of the time when it's  hot. It helps.
Our air-conditioner is worthless, blows warm air. We have a fan or two, which keeps the air moving, but, it's still hot air.
Argh.
It doesn't seem nice that after not posting for a week, that when i do it's to moan and groan, and complain.
So.......
here's a nice bit of photos of a snow storm we had back in 04'.
I watched from our back door as this guy was cutting down the tree. I thought it was so beautiful, him up there, like a ghost in the tree, the snow falling on him.
And right now, on this miserably hot day, it looks like a bit of paradise.

9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're having trouble breathing, and for the miserable heat. Thanks for pictures of the cold. :) Hope you get some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Linda, last time I often thougth at you how you can handle the heat and I suspected it as you wrote. I couldn't also have imagined that one misses to sweat. To post this winter mosaic is a great idea! When sometimes here it is too hot I think at an icebear in the snow. In my thoughts I lay an arm around your shoulders, that helps perhaps a little bit and think with you together at an icebear in the snow. Be brave! Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't even begin to imagine how you're feeling. Hope the heat and humidity abate really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry you're living this life of constant misery. We who can breathe easily should relish that and give thanks for it every day.

    I can't believe that as much as I was ready for last winter to be done, I'm wishing for snow right now!

    Take care of yourself, dear. Sit with that towel and the remote and some good books. A glass of cold iced tea, maybe a slice of watermelon. And of course, your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ready for some cool air too Linda. It has been opressive this summer.

    Have you ever heard of the towels called Frog Togs? They are a rubbery towel that REALLY retains the cool when you wet it. I'm not sure how it works but it helped my daughter out a lot during band camp.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, here is a link to the towel. Check it out!

    http://www.gutsandglorytennis.com/home/gg2/page_1067/

    You might look in a local sporting goods store to avoid the shipping charges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so ready for any temp below 190...
    ANYTHING!

    I would ALSO like to go stand in the snow. LOLOL

    Gorgeous photos!!! I'm climbing the tree in the top right one... well... before it broke. ;-D

    Sit in the middle of the lake I do... or I can also be spotted with the water hose on my head.

    :D robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi!! been tied down doing spring cleaning, still doing this and behind on my blog reading. sorry you feel terrible. i sweat contsantly with this hormone junk. everything causes me to sweat. to bad there wasn't an in between we both could be happy. love the winter pics. rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete